Tuesday 27 December 2011

Cake for breakfast

Hello everyone!
Hope you all had a fun time on Christmas Day. Linda cooked up a storm and lunch was delicious, of course. My sister stepped in as Sous Chef and in spite of a slight mix up when reading recipes, the cheesecake and the cumberland sauce both went down very well with the family.

I love the lazy days after Christmas. I didn't make a wish list, but I got a Kindle which I really didn't know I wanted until now. I used to read all the time, but never seemed to find the time lately. All this has changed! Many of the classics are free on Amazon so I'm working my way through Great Expectations etc. first. I know, I know, it's on the TV tonight! The Christmas cakes I made were delicious and in true family tradition I had cake for breakfast - well it is my birthday after all!

Talk to you all again soon,
Laura
xx

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Laura. I wish you a creative next year! With the new toy it won't be a dull one, I suppose.
    gr. Marjolijn

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little late, but Happy Birthday and I hope it was a good one. Cake for breakfast is a very sensible choice, after all a slice of Christmas cake has everything you need; protein, carbs, fruit, marzipan...

    ReplyDelete